Sam Padilla – a Web3 Customer Engineer at Google – said the world’s largest search engine launched a countdown clock that shows when exactly Ethereum’s Merge will be complete.
The second-biggest cryptocurrency protocol is on its way to shifting from Proof-of-Work (PoW) to Proof-of-Stake (PoS), something unseen in the industry so far. The move is expected to be finalized on September 15.
- Ethereum’s shift to PoS, known as “the Merge,” has gathered significant attention as many expect it will be beneficial for the project and the price of its native token.
- For one, Ethereum (which has been heavily criticized for harming the environment because of its electricity consumption) will have a much greener focus.
- The interest in the event has been so strong lately that web searches for it have skyrocketed to an all-time high.
- To give consumers additional information about the highly-anticipated transition, the American multinational technology company – Google – launched a countdown clock that shows how many days are left until the shift is completed.
- Sam Padilla – a top engineer at the firm – was the one to announce the feature. The search engine’s estimations match previous ones, indicating that “the Merge” will see the light of day on September 15.
Hey @VitalikButerin @drakefjustin & other @ethereum folks, go google “the merge” for a fun little surprise & appreciation.
Everyone is so excited for what is coming and appreciative of the work that has been going into this for years. pic.twitter.com/3bgifV6Ywn
— Sam Padilla (@theSamPadilla) September 9, 2022
- A recent survey revealed that the residents of Singapore are the most interested in the upcoming development, while Switzerland, Canada, Germany, and the US follow shortly after.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.