Here’s how to heal cracked heels.
Cracked heel is a common problem that tends to get worse in the warmer months as we break out the flip-flops or ditch the shoes altogether.
What really causes cracked heels?
Heels can crack when the skin around the rim of your heel becomes dry and thick, and increased pressure on the fat pad under the heel causes the skin to split. A number of factors can raise the risk of developing cracked heels, including obesity, wearing open-heel footwear such as sandals, and having cold, dry skin.
What are home remedies for cracked heels?
At Home Pedi Instructions
- Rest your feet in soapy water for 20 minutes.
- Gently scrub with a loofah or pumice stone to remove the thick, hard skin on your heels.
- Dry your feet thoroughly.
- Apply a heavy moisturizer, such as petroleum jelly, to your dry feet.
- Put on a pair of thick socks to keep the moisturizer in place.
- Moisturize your feet at least twice daily.
You can purchase over-the-counter moisturizers with ingredients that help remove the dead skin on your heels or retain moisture. Here are some cracked heal home readies to help you get rid of your cracked feet. Look for products with ingredients like:
- Healing Natural Oil H-Cracked Heels Formula
- Hyaluronic acid
- Lactic acid
- Jojoba oil
- Shea butter
Can you heal cracked heels?
Most cases of cracked heels can be treated at home by soaking your feet, then moisturizing them. You can repair cracked heels using these steps: Rest your feet in soapy water for 20 minutes. Gently scrub with a loofah or pumice stone to remove the thick, hard skin on your heels.
What are the best foot creams for cracked heels?
TRY MIRACLE FOOT REPAIR
How to fix cracked heels permanently?
- Keep Your Feet Clean. When your skin cracks, it allows entry of contaminants into your body— leaving you vulnerable to infections.
- Seal Deep Cracks with Liquid Bandage.
- Find the Right Moisturizer.
- Consider Natural Moisturizing.