7th Pay Commission Latest News: Government endeavors to explore every possible avenue for increasing employment opportunities for the ex-servicemen through various initiatives including pre and post-retirement trainings and awareness programmes, a government release said quoting Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt.
The government is also providing training to the willing ex-servicemen to prepare them for self-employment ventures, this release said quoting.
The information was revealed in a written reply to a question asked by Biju Janta Dal MP Achyutananda Samanta in Lok Sabha today.
“Reservation for Ex-servicemen in respect of Central Government jobs, including Railways, is governed by the ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979. These reservations are applicable to all Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ Central Civil Services & Posts and posts up to the level of Assistant Commandant in all Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), which includes Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),” the reply said.
The details of existing quota of reservation available for Ex-servicemen is as under:
Reservation in Central Government Ministries (including Railways)/Departments including Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs):
1) 10 per cent in all Direct recruitment posts up to the level of Assistant Commandant in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
2) 10 per cent in Direct recruitment posts in Group ‘C’
3) 20 per cent in Direct recruitment posts in Group ‘D’
Reservation in Central Public Sector Undertakings:
1) 14.5 per cent in all Direct Recruitment Group ‘C’ Posts
2) 24.5 per cent in all Direct Recruitment Group ‘D’ Posts
(including 4.5 per cent for Disabled ESM and dependents of Service personnel killed in action)
3) 100 per cent in Defence Security Corps.
4) Employment in Rajya Sainik Boards falls under the purview of the concerned State Government and each of the State Government has provided reservation/priority for appointment for Ex-servicemen in State Government jobs as per their welfare policy.
5) The reservation prescribed for ESM is Horizontal in nature and depend on occurrence of vacancies per year and not as per the number of Posts. Adequate number of ESM are not qualifying for these Posts for want of requisite educational qualification prescribed for the Posts.