The Government has released the Service charge guidelines. Customers may file a complaint if a service charge is added to the bill.
Big impact of Zee Business campaign
Paying service charge is entirely at the discretion of the customer.
Hotel, restaurants cannot charge a service charge.
Adding service charge in the bill is completely wrong.
Government issued guidelines.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Along with the above, a big change has been introduced putting a notice outside the hotel informing about the service charge,so that customers cannot be refrained from entry.
Option lies with the customer
– If the customer feels that service charge is being charged from him, then the customer may complain to the hotel /restaurant management.
– If there is no hearing, customer can file a complaint on National Consumer Helpline, Toll Free number 1915 or NCH app
– Customer can complain on e-daakhil in Consumer Forum
– Customer may file a complaint in District Collector Office, District Magistrate Office or CCPA at district level
– Complaints can also be lodged by sending an email to [email protected]
– Customer can also complain through SMS, WhatsApp