Instagram Parental Supervision Tools, Family Center: Meta-owned photo and video-sharing platform Instagram on Thursday announced the roll out of its Parental Supervision Tools feature in India to help parents get more involved in their teen’s experiences on Instagram. The platform also brought a Family Center feature-e a new place for parents and guardians to access supervision tools and resources from leading experts.
According to the statement, Meta has been working closely with experts, parents, guardians and young people from India, to understand the needs of parents and young people. One of the biggest needs continues to be tools and resources to educate parents about digital services.
“This education would allow parents and guardians to help their teens manage their online experiences. With this context, Meta launched Parental Supervision Controls and a Family Center in the US in March this year, and is now rolling it out to India,” Instagram said in a release.
New Supervision Tools on Instagram
The Supervision Tools on Instagram are available in India today, and will allow parents and guardians to:
– Manage how much time their young people spend on Instagram – Help young people manage their time on Instagram by setting screen time limits and scheduling breaks during the day and week
– View what accounts their young people follow and the accounts that follow their young people – Allows you to stay up to date with who your young person connects with on Instagram
– Be notified when their young people reports someone – Young people can choose to notify you if they make a report on Instagram, so you can discuss what happened together
– Also, on Instagram, parents and guardians can send invitations to their young people to initiate Supervision Tools. Over the next few months we’ll roll out additional Supervision Tools and features in Family Centre. To learn how to set-up the Supervision Tools visit this website.
– Family Center includes a new education hub where parents and guardians can access resources from experts and review helpful articles, videos and tips on topics like how to talk to young people about social media.
– Parents can also watch video tutorials on how to use the new Supervision Tools to get the most out of the platform.