If you are planning to buy an insurance policy for your vehicle, then this report will be of immense value to you. The Mumbai crime branch has captured three persons for allegedly doing four wheeler and three-wheeler motor insurance policies in the name of two wheelers.
The accused were so cunning that they use to
In case of third party insurance, the insurance companies do not verify the details of vehicles. The accused took advantage of this.
The fraud was discovered when insurance company Tata AIG verified the policy and found that the policy was made fraudulently. All the policies contained same mobile numbers and the insurance policies were made for four and three wheelers while the details were taken from two wheelers.
Finding this, the company was suspicious of the activity and lodged a complaint with the police.
The police has said that same number was put in all the policies so that any call related to the different polices could be addressed through one number and it would be easy to manage the situation.
The insurance company has informed about these improprieties to the Mumbai police. Taking cognizance of the complaint, the police nabbed the accused on the basis of email ids and phone numbers.
The police has found policies worth over Rs 1.5 cr. The police has said that many more arrests could be made going forward.
– If you are planning to do an insurance of your vehicle then be alert
– Polices for four and three wheelers have ben done by using details of two wheelers
– Mumbai crime branch has arrested three accused in this case.
– The accused use to make third party insurance of the customers
– All policies contained same mobile number
– All the policies were made fraudulently.
– The police has arrested the accused on the basis of email ids and phone numbers.
– Till now policies worth Rs 1.5 cr have been found in the investigation.
– More people could be apprehended in connection with this.