What is Jan Samarth Portal: Jan Samarth is a first-of-its-kind digital platform for the government’s credit-linked schemes which is aimed to make several government initiatives more accessible to all beneficiaries.
Beneficiaries can check their eligibility digitally in a few simple steps, apply online under the appropriate scheme and receive digital approval.
Jan Samarth benefits
1. The portal is a one-stop digital platform that ensures a simple, quick and hassle-free lending process for the borrowers
2. It directly connects the beneficiaries with the Banks, reducing the turn-around time
3. It aims to encourage inclusive growth and development across sectors by facilitating the right type of Government scheme benefit through end-to-end digitisation
4. The platform also provides the applicant with real-time status – updates pertaining to sanctions and disbursements
5. The platform has multiple integrations with Aadhar, CBDT, Udyam, Credit Guaranteed Funds, etc
6. Currently the platform is available in six languages- Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, and Telugu in addition to English
Jan Samarth: How to apply
Visit the official Jan Samarth Portal jansamarth.in. On the homepage, click on the “Register” tab present in the main menu or directly click jansamarth.in/register
After creating your account, you can “Log In” at Jan Samarth Portal using the link – www.jansamarth.in/login
For your preferred loan category, you first need to check eligibility by providing answers to a few simple questions and once you become eligible under any of the schemes, you may select to proceed to apply online to receive digital approval.
Jan Samarth: Government schemes
The 13 schemes are present under the categories:
1. Education Loan
2. Agri Infrastructure Loan
3. Business Activity Loan
4. Livelihood Loan
To view each scheme in detail please visit https://www.jansamarth.in/government-of-india-schemes
Jan Samarth: Partner banks
Various Ministries, nodal agencies and lenders have come together on a single platform to ensure that government schemes can be availed quickly, smoothly and securely. On the platform, there are more than 9 Ministries, at least nodal agencies and over 125 lenders. You can select the loan category and check your eligibility for multiple schemes at once at Jan Samarth Portal.
Jan Samarth: Apply online and documents
Each scheme has different documentation requirements. To apply online on the Portal, the basic document required would be an Aadhaar number and a valid bank account along with a few basic details to be filled in on the portal.