The US Securities and Exchange Commission announced a judgment against an associate of the late John McAfee for participating in an alleged initial coin offering (ICO) scam.
- The top financial watchdog argued that Watson had assisted John McAfee by working on the promotion deals with various ICO issuers.
- He also allegedly helped McAfee to cash out some of the cryptocurrency payments that they received.
- The final judgment against Watson bans him from buying, selling, or even offering digital assets in any professional capacity while also slamming a total financial penalty upwards of $375K.
- However, he can still buy or sell crypto on his personal behalf and with his personal accounts.
- The SEC also went on to accuse Watson and McAfee of promoting and taking part in various pump and dump schemes while accumulating massive positions and then promoting it on Twitter to the millions of followers that the antivirus tycoon had.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.