Next Bank Holiday August 2022: Banks will remain close in many cities across the country on 31 August 2022 on account of Ganesh Chaturthi holiday. According to the information published on the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) website, there will be holiday in these 9 major cities.
In some paces it is also celebrated as Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha), Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata or Vinayakar Chathurthi.
The banks will remain closed for banking operations in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur and Panaji.
The banks will remain open in major metros like Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai.
Meanwhile, in September, banks will be closed on 8 days in different cities.
In certain cities Ganesh Ghaturthi will be celebrated on 1 September. On 6 September there is Karma Puja; on 7th, 8th and 9th September, there will be bank holidays on account First Onam, Thiruvonam and Indrajatra.
The banks will also remain closed for people on 10th, 21st and 26th September on account of Sree Naravana Guru Javanthi, Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day and Navtatri Sthapna/Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi.
List of Holidays and Cities:
1) 1 September 2022 Ganesh Chaturthi – Panaji
2) 6 September 2022 Karma Puja – Ranchi
3) 7 September 2022 Onam – Kochi, Thiruvanthapuram
4) 8 September 2022 Thiruvonam – Kochi, Thiruvanthapuram
5) 9 September 2022 Indrajatra – Gangtok
6) 10 September 2022 Sree Naravana Guru Javanthi – Kochi, Thiruvanthapuram
7) 21 September 2022 Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day – Kochi, Thiruvanthapuram
8) 26 September 2022 Navtatri Sthapna/Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi – Imphal, Jaipur