Next Bank Holidays in August 2022: Banks will be closed for the public in different cities because of festivals in the month remainder. On August 16 (Tuesday), banks are closed in multiple cities on account of the Parsi New Year.
Banks will again be closed in most of the states on account of the Janmashtami festival on August 18 and 19.
August 16: Banks in three major cities–Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur, are closed today on account of Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi). This day marks the commencement of the new year for Parsi community.
Next Bank Holidays in August 2022: Full List
1. 18 August, Janmashtami: Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Kanpur and Lucknow.
2. 19 August, Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanthi: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar,
3. 20 August, Sri Krishna Ashtami: Hyderabad
4. 29 August, Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva: Guwahati
5. 31 August, Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Ganesh Chaturthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata/Vinayakar Chathurthi: Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji.
The above list of holidays has been sourced from the Reserve Bank of India website rbi.org.in