Next Bank Holiday 2022: Banks across the country will remain closed on 15th August, Monday on account of Independence Day. India is celebrating its 75th year of Independences and is also observing an Amrit Kaal. Besides this, there will be city wise closure of banks on eight other occasions in August. Zee Business brings you a full list.
1) 12 August, Rakshabandhan – While, Rakshabandhan is being celebrated in many cities in India today, it will also be celebrated in some parts on Friday and banks in many of these cities have announced a holiday. Banks will remain shut for operations in Kanpur and Lucknow on this day.
2) 13 August, Patriot’s Day: Banks in Imphal will remain closed on this day.
3) 15th August, Independence Day: Banks across the country will remain closed on this day as India celebrates its 75th year of Independence.
4) 16 August, Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi): Banks will remain closed in Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur.
5) 18 August, Janmashtami: Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Kanpur and Lucknow.
6) 19 August, Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanthi: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar,
7) 20 August, Sri Krishna Ashtami: Hyderabad.
8) 29 August, Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva: Guwahati
9) 31 August, Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Ganesh Chaturthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata/Vinayakar Chathurthi: Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji.
The above list of holidays has been sourced from the Reserve Bank of India website rbi.org.in.