City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 9:30 a.m.: The Landmarks Preservation Commission is holding a public hearing at 1 Centre St. regarding several properties in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan. More here.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s Subcommittee on Zoning and Franchises is holding a meeting at 250 Broadway regarding the Innovation Queens Rezoning. More here.
- Tuesday, Oct 25 at 6 p.m.: HPD is holding a virtual “Navigating Housing Court and Understanding Rental Housing Regulations” course providing information regarding the rights and responsibilities as a property owner and mediating disputes. Register here.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m.: The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is holding their board meeting in the Ceremonial Room on the 5th floor of 90 Church St. More here.
- Wednesday, Oct 26 at 10 a.m.: The City Planning Commission is holding a public meeting to discuss various rezoning and relocation projects around The Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Queens. These meetings are accessible in-person, online or via phone to participate. More here.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26. At 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: The Department of Housing Preservation and Development, in partnership with the Department of Health, will assist visitors with health insurance enrollment and determining food assistance eligibility. The “outreach van” will be in front of the Brooklyn Public Library, 340 Bushwick Ave. More here.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 2 p.m.: The committee on Housing and Buildings is holding an oversight hearing on construction safety. More here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon:
- 2339 Stuart St. Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $80,572 to $187,330
- 99, 101, and 103 Grove Street, Brooklyn, for households earning $75,429 to $156,130
- 42-41 Judge Street, Elmhurst, for households earning $67,886 to $215,150
- 1010 Bedford Ave and 263 Skillman Street Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $93,532 to $215,150
- 153 Erasmus St. Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $66,858 to $156,130
- 99-24 Main Avenue, Astoria, for households earning $77,143 to $187,330
- 391 Hooper St. aka 383 South 1st Street Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $92,915 to $187,330
- 110 Thatford Ave Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $68,572 to $215,150