City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email email@example.com.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Friday, Sept. 9 at 6 p.m.: The Jacob Riis Tenant Association will hold a community forum entitled “What’s Wrong With Our Water” to discuss the discovery of arsenic in the housing complex’s water supply and find out how the “life-altering” situation has affected residents. The event will take place at P.S. 34 at 730 East 12th Street.
- Sunday, Sept. 11 at 12 p.m.: Brooklyn Eviction Defense (BED) will hold a workshop to help tenants learn how to organize their buildings. The virtual meeting takes place over Zoom. More information here.
- Monday, Sept. 12 , from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: The Department of Housing Preservation and Development Outreach Van visits Washington Heights to provide information on applying for affordable housing lotteries, understanding tenant and owners rights and responsibilities and filing complaints. The van will stop at 940 East Gun Hill Rd. More information here.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: The Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development hosts the first event in its annual Community Development Conference at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria. The four-part conference will also feature events in Brooklyn on Sept. 29 , Manhattan on Oct. 6 and The Bronx on Oct. 20. The Queens event features the panel discussion “Setting Community Principles to Build Power for Land Use Justice and Equity,” which will explore community development principles and equitable planning. To learn more or register, visit ANHD’s website.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 11 a.m.: The City Council Land Use Committee meets. More info here.
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon:
- The Allerton, 683 Thwaites Pl, Bronx, NY 10467 for households earning $41,863 to $182,050
- 485 East 28th Street Apartments, 485 East 28th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11210 for households earning $63,429 to $187,330
- 2750-2754 Frederick Douglass Boulevard Apartments, 2750-2754 Frederick Douglass Blvd, Manhattan, NY 10039 for households earning $80,983 to $187,330
- 1399 Myrtle Avenue Apartments, 1399 Myrtle Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11237 for housing earning $66,000 to $187,330
- 855 East 167th Street, The Bronx, NY 10459 for households earning $66,858 to $187,330