Anthony Scaramucci’s Skybridge Capital has halted investor redemptions for one of its hedge funds – Legion Strategies. The fund, with $230 million in assets under management (AUM), happens to be one of the smaller offerings of the investment firm.
- Since the peak of the 2021 bull run, several crypto-assets, including Bitcoin and Ethereum, have plummeted by nearly 70%. In fact, crypto is currently in the midst of one of the worst market crashes in its a little over a decade old history. The broader stock market also crumbled.
- The falling prices have gutted a myriad of once-established players, including lenders, stablecoin issuers, and retail and institutional investors alike.
- Sources familiar with the matter told Bloomberg that SkyBridge’s decision comes because stocks in private companies are relatively harder to dispose of.
- As per the latest figures, 20% of Legion Strategies’ holdings are in privately held entities.
- The hedge fund also owns 10% of crypto in its portfolio, gaining exposure mainly via other funds managed by Skybridge Capital as per the filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Besides, Legion Strategies’ private investments also include prominent crypto exchange – FTX.
- During the bloodbath in the crypto market followed by the Terra implosion and several platforms going bankrupt, SkyBridge Capital founder Anthony Scaramucci revealed adding more Bitcoin and Ethereum to the firm’s portfolio.
- Scaramucci’s Skybridge was among the first hedge funds to move into Bitcoin a few years back. Since then, he has accelerated the move into crypto via various blockchain partnerships, including the one with NAX’s trading platform.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.