India’s legendary player Virat Kohli and other team members are in continuous practice for the first match of Asia Cup 2022 against rival Pakistan on August 28.
this season the eyes of Indian cricket fans will be on the well-known run-maker Virat Kohli as he has to face a lot of criticism due to his poor performance.
However, no one knows when Virat Kohli will return to his rhythm from which ball and from the angle. The only hope of Virat’s fans is to see him play a devastating hundred in the very first match against Pakistan on TeleVision.
Also Read: Asia Cup 2022: Predicting the Winners for Asia Cup. Teams, Updates, Timings.
Virat Kohli Cricket Career Highlights 2010-2014: –
Remember the Commonwealth Bank Tri-series in 2011 which was contested in Australia among three of the best cricketing nations of that time India, Australia, and Srilanka.
This series saw the birth of Virat Kohli. With India requiring to score 320+ odd runs within 40 overs to stay in title contention and with the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag back to the pavilion, the person had the accurate opportunity to show the world he belonged where he is.
What happens next in the match though? This young positively aggressive boy from Delhi gives us a batting master class. With the experienced Gautum Gambhir and Suresh Raina to his aid, he runs through Srilanka’s bowling attack.
With a barrage of boundaries Kohli takes down the best bowler of the time Lasith Malinga. You can still picture that flick shot he played for six over the square boundary.
In the year 2012, Kohli scored by far his highest score in one-day internationals. The situation? Again, a run chase. After chasing the leather of Nasir Jamshed’s bat in the first innings Virat was up for the task.
He smacked 183 runs and bought the team home. 2013 was a big year. It was very eventful. Virat was turning into his run machine mode and the Aussies felt the pangs of it.
In two consecutive games against the Aussies, India chased down 350+ scores like an absolute cakewalk. The reason behind it, was Virat scored the fastest 100 by an Indian in ODI history in the first game and ruthlessly slammed bowlers for another 100 in the second game.
India won the Champions Trophy that year too. Virat scored a 50 in the final which was reduced to a 20–20 game due to rains. 2014 saw his emergence as 20–20 batsmen.
A player with total dominance and that too all by playing grounded shots. He was named “Player of the Tournament” and India finished Runners.
Virat Kohli Achievements: –
- 2013 – Arjuna Award
- 2017 – Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- 2018 – Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade): 2011–2020
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017, 2018
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017, 2018
- ICC Test Player of the Year: 2018
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain), 2018 (captain), 2019 (captain)
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (captain), 2018 (captain), 2019 (captain)
- ICC Spirit of Cricket: 2019
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade: 2011–2020
- ICC Men’s Test Team of the Decade: 2011–2020 (captain)
- ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
- ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
- Polly Umrigar Award for International Cricketer of the Year: 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World: 2016, 2017, 2018
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2011–12, 2013–14, 2018–19
- Barmy Army – International Player of Year: 2017, 2018
Click on the below link for India and Pakistan match Live score on 28 August 2022.
Asia Cup 2022: Match No. 2 India vs Pakistan Scorecard, Playing XI, Squads, Possible Playing XIs, Live Update, and Winner