After reports emerged indicating that South Korean authorities have issued an arrest warrant for Terra’s co-founder, he finally broke the silence, claiming he is cooperating with several global watchdogs.
At the same time, Singaporean police said Kwon is not in the city-state despite multi previous suggestions that he was hiding there.
- CryptoPotato reported earlier this week when news came out from South Korea that the authorities had issued an arrest warrant against the disgraced co-founder of the former crypto giant.
- Later on, more reports surfaced suggesting that several prosecutors had requested the revoking of his passport.
- The overall perception in the crypto community was that Kwon was in hiding somewhere in Singapore. However, these rumors were debunked by the local police, according to Reuters.
- They said in a statement that Kwon is not in the city-state but vowed to assist their Korean colleagues in locating him.
- Kwon, who has been quite inactive on social media after the entire Terra fiasco, finally spoke out late on Saturday.
- He asserted that only certain people have the right to ask and know about his location. Moreover, he claimed he was not on the run “or anything similar” as many suspected and that he and his team are actually “in the process of defending ourselves in multiple jurisdictions.”
We are in the process of defending ourselves in multiple jurisdictions – we have held ourselves to an extremely high bar of integrity, and look forward to clarifying the truth over the next few months
— Do Kwon 🌕 (@stablekwon) September 17, 2022
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.