Aadhaar services on UMANG: The Government of India released the mobile app UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance – in 2017 with the aim to make it simpler and easier for citizens to access various services offered by the Central and state governments. Aadhaar is one of the services that are available on the app. Aadhaar – a 12-digit individual identification number, that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority, is one of the most important documents these days. Considering this, the UMANG app has added a new range of citizen-centric services under ‘My Aadhaar’ section.
“My #Aadhaar on the #UMANG App has added a new range of citizen-centric services! Get more information by downloading the UMANG App now; give a missed call to 97183-97183,” UMANG tweeted from its official Twitter account.
Here are four new Aadhaar related services that have been included:
1. Verify Aadhaar: This is beneficial for those who want to check the status of their Aadhaar.
2. Retrieve EID/Aadaar Number: This service can be used to find out Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID (EID).
3. One can also verify mobile and email registered with Aadhaar.
4. This can also be used to check the status of enrolment or update requests.
Get more information by downloading the UMANG App now; give a missed call to 97183-97183. pic.twitter.com/T0qiigwzkq
— UMANG App India (@UmangOfficial_) September 8, 2022
Apart from these, there are several other Aadhaar services that can be availed on the UMANG app. Check the list below:
- Download Aadhaar: Digital signed and password-protected electronic copy of the Aadhaar can be downloaded from the app.
- Offline e-KYC: Users can access secure and shareable eKYC documents, used for offline identification verification.
- Generate Virtual ID or VID: It can be used in-lieu of the Aadhaar number.
- Payment History: Click here to view the payment and refund status.
- Authentication History: This can help residents to verify the history of their Aadhaar authentication.
How to avail Aadhaar services on UMANG
Step 1: Download the app from Play Store or Apple Store.
Step 2: Login using your mobile number.
Step 3: Click on ‘My Aadhaar’.
Step 4: Link your Aadhaar by entering the Aadhaar number and captcha code.
Step 5: Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click save.
You are now ready to use all services of Aadhaar from the UMANG app.