BJP leader Raja Singh was arrested by the city police on Tuesday following his alleged remarks against Islam and Prophet Mohammed in a video which was later pulled down by the social media platform on which it was uploaded. Here is all you need to know about Telangana BJP MLA T Raja Singh, his arrest after remark on Prophet and Munawar Faruqui standup comedy show connection with this matter:-
Who is Telangana BJP MLA T Raja Singh?
– He is BJP MLA from Goshamahal
– Raja told reporters his video was pulled down by the social media platform on which it was uploaded and that he will upload “part 2” of the clip after his release.
– “They removed my video from YouTube. I don’t know what the police are going to do. Once I am released, the second part (of the video) will certainly be uploaded. I am doing it for Dharma. I am ready to die for dharma,” he said.
– Raja Singh sought to know why several complaints were lodged against him in various police stations.
-“Why are there complaints? Our Ram is not Ram? Our Sita is Sita? I requested the DGP with folded hands not to allow the person (Munawar Faruqui) who made comedy with vulgar language against Ram and Sita,” he said.
– Following an uproar against his remarks, BJP suspended MLA T Raja Singh from the party.
What Raja did? What led to his arrest?
– A complaint filed by one Mohammed Wajhi Uddin Salman with Dabeerpura Police alleged Raja Singh used vulgar language against Prophet Mohammed.
– Several people belonging to the community staged protests in various parts of the city on Monday night demanding Singh’s arrest.
– Many AIMIM legislators and corporators of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation reached the police stations, where protests were held and sought stringent action against Raja Singh, party sources said.
-According to police, complaints were filed against Singh in several police stations under South, East and West Zones.
-Dabeerpur Police Inspector G Koteswar Rao said they received a complaint against Singh, which alleged that the BJP MLA made derogatory remarks against a religion, i.e. Islam.
-An FIR was booked against Singh under various sections of IPC pertaining to promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs and criminal intimidation among others, he said.
Munawar Faruqui standup comedy show connection?
– “Why are there complaints? Our Ram is not Ram? Our Sita is Sita? I requested the DGP with folded hands not to allow the person (Munawar Faruqui) who made comedy with vulgar language against Ram and Sita,” he said.
– On Monday, the BJP MLA released a video criticising stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui, who recently performed in the city.
– Raja Singh is also purportedly seen making some comments, apparently against Islam, in it.
What AIMIM and Asaduddin Owaisi have to say?
– The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) claimed Singh made derogatory language against Prophet Mohammed.
– “This is the official policy of the BJP to ensure that Muslims are always tortured emotionally, mentally by allowing their party members to talk in such low language which we call it Sadak Chap language about Prophet Mohammed. This is a deliberate attempt by BJP and they allowed their MLA to speak in this language,” AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi told reporters.
-“They have not learnt a lesson from what Nupur Sharma has said. This is a continuation of what Nupur Sharma had said,” he further said, referring to the suspended party spokesperson whose remarks against Prophet Muhammed sparked a huge outrage.
Raja Singh suspended from BJP
-Meanwhile, Singh was suspended from the BJP following his controversial remarks allegedly aimed at Prophet Mohammad and the party sought his reply within 10 days as to why he should not be expelled.
-In a notice issued to Singh, Om Pathak, who is secretary of the party’s central disciplinary committee, said, “You have expressed views contrary to the Party’s position on various matters, which is in clear violation of Rule XXV 10 (a) of constitution of the Bharatiya Janata Party. I have been directed to convey to you that pending further inquiry, you are suspended from the party and from your responsibilities/assignments if any, with immediate effect.”
-Pathak also asked Singh to “show cause” within 10 days from the date of this notice as to why he should not be expelled from the party.
– “Your detailed reply must reach the undersigned no later than 2nd of September 2022,” Pathak said.
(With PTI inputs)