If you are a gadget freak and use multiple devices, one of the major problems is carrying numerous chargers for each device. If you have the habit of forgetting chargers then this information is for you.
The government is considering if it is possible to bring a single charger for all your daily use devices. The government has written a letter to the industry on this regard and has invited it for a discussion.
The agenda of the meeting is if the gadgets could be divided into two categories and if it was possible to keep a uniform charger for multiple gadgets.
Gadgets which are being commonly used now include your smart phones, earbuds, headphones, smart watch, health gadgets, speakers, etc and the common charger that could be used is Type C charger. There will be a different charger for premium products.
– Government has called for an important meeting with the industry
– All stakeholders will appear in the meeting
– For all types of gadget there could be a single Type C charger
– The premium category has been put out of the purview
– Users will benefit, will put an end to hassels of carrying different chargers
– The companies will save on cost
– The government is of the view that it will potentially limit e-waste
– It will also put an end to buying different chargers every time.
– You will be spared of remebering which chargers you have put and which has been left behind.
– The biggest benefit of this move could be that the government will be able to arrest import of substandard devices.